Welcome to my blog!

The purpose of this blog is to explore my development of scrapbooking techniques. I will also provide reviews of products when I find something great or something terrible, and will show off all the work I enter in challenges and contests. Please check out my Welcome note if this is your first visit.

Feel free to ask questions about any of the materials or techniques shown here!

Please leave a comment and let me know what you think, or follow my blog so you can keep updated!

Happy Scrapping!




Monday, November 21, 2011

2SF Online Crop - Avril's Challenge

So the last post of a challenge I have from the Burst of Color Online Crop at Two Scrapbook Friends is from Avril.

Now this one stressed me out. We had to use ONE color photo and the rest in black & white. I don't have any black & white. I don't print in black and white. I don't really like it for scrapbooking because I love to pull colors out of the photos and splash them all over the page.

So I hummed and hawed... and thought and thought. I went through travel photos... but I just couldn't justify turning beautiful color photos to to black and white.

I gave up and flipped through the wedding photos with an idea to use 3-4 photos from one part of the shoot and do one in color. Well... that was a problem. I had only printed one from that shoot, and it was not the one I wanted in color, and I didn't want to waste it (I am sooo cheap!).

But then I found a sepia and two black and white photos (my photographer locked them in that coloring so I had no choice) that I had printed.... they were all of me at home getting ready and the shots before we left for the ceremony....


I thought it turned out stunning, and I had been waiting for a chance to use that paper with photos of me. The paper is My Mind's Eye Lost and Found 2 - LOVE IT! This is a great line, I am going back to 2SF to get some more papers from the collection as I only bought a few the first time.
Flower is Prima for the base two layers and unkown for the rest. Stickers of the flowers and doves are Jolee's and the phrase sticker is Cosmo Cricket Everafter.

Hope you enjoy this one!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting!