Welcome to my blog!

The purpose of this blog is to explore my development of scrapbooking techniques. I will also provide reviews of products when I find something great or something terrible, and will show off all the work I enter in challenges and contests. Please check out my Welcome note if this is your first visit.

Feel free to ask questions about any of the materials or techniques shown here!

Please leave a comment and let me know what you think, or follow my blog so you can keep updated!

Happy Scrapping!




Monday, November 21, 2011

2SF Online Crop - Carolyn's Challenge

Carolyn is the 2nd friend over at Two Scrapbook Friends.

She gave us an image for the online crop and the instructions that we had to use stitching as well.


I love that car paper in the background. I wanted some of it to make life easy. As I looked at the image hoping for inspiration, I thought of how those same bright colors said "Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville" in Hawaii...

Now I am a huge Jimmy fan. Have been since I was little. My sister and I knew the words to "Why Don't We Get Drunk" when we didn't know what drunk was.... The rest of that line is "and Screw". LOL!!! Can you imagine some grade school and preschoolers singing that song? That's me and my sister... Thanks mom lol.

WAIT. Don't go calling Child Services or Children's Aid on us, first we're both now adults anyways, and I see no lasting damage (except that we know a lot of songs about alcohol)...

All over Waikiki there were ads and little tidbits for the Margaritaville Cafe. So I took photos of a few I loved - the front of the store, the painted Muskoka (or Adirondack) chairs, and this random canoe boat thing on the beach.... and those photos were selected based on the inspiration image.



Now you're thinking... where did that purple come from? I don't know. It was in my scrap box. It really wanted to be included on the page, and so it was :)

The stitching is done with my Kenmore (rebranded Singer) machine. Its the base model. It has 8 stitches, one of which happens to be this dashed zig zag. You can bet I'm gonna use that little baby again. (I used width 0.5 and length 5, or the other way around, if you want to know).

The alphas are Jillibean Soup (LOVE!) and the stickers of the guitar, flower and Hawaii are Jolee's. The two black neons are random stash finds :)

I am truly in love with this page. I feel Hawaii when I look at it - the sun, the sand, the never ending Jimmy Buffett music.... ahhhhhhhhhh.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting!