Welcome to my blog!

The purpose of this blog is to explore my development of scrapbooking techniques. I will also provide reviews of products when I find something great or something terrible, and will show off all the work I enter in challenges and contests. Please check out my Welcome note if this is your first visit.

Feel free to ask questions about any of the materials or techniques shown here!

Please leave a comment and let me know what you think, or follow my blog so you can keep updated!

Happy Scrapping!




Monday, November 21, 2011

2SF - Online Crop - Dee's Challenge

Two Scrapbook Friends hosted a Burst of Color online crop over at their forum this past week with challenges by the two friends and the design team.

Dee's challenge was a tough one - based on some fabric she has.


The "words" of the challenge were to use teal, cream and golden yellow.

For me - I don't really feel that a blue that light is teal (or my monitor is not very well calibrated and I am not seeing the right color, which is possible).

Either way, I decided to go with the descriptor "teal" rather than the fabric image itself, partly because the fabric image was added later.

This was a hard one for me. I couldn't find patterned paper with the three colors, I had almost no cardstock in the right colors, no scraps... bad news bears.

I ended up combining my version of teal blue cardstock, some golden yellow cardstock, and a textured cream cardstock from DCWV to make the layout.


I used foamie letters and a random golden tag I had as well, added a real toonie and a We R Memory Keepers gromlet from the stash which combined the fabric colors with a bit of green :)

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting!