Welcome to my blog!

The purpose of this blog is to explore my development of scrapbooking techniques. I will also provide reviews of products when I find something great or something terrible, and will show off all the work I enter in challenges and contests. Please check out my Welcome note if this is your first visit.

Feel free to ask questions about any of the materials or techniques shown here!

Please leave a comment and let me know what you think, or follow my blog so you can keep updated!

Happy Scrapping!




Monday, November 14, 2011

2SF Online Crop - Sharon's Challenge

Sharon's challenge over at the 2SF forum was to use blue. Not just blue... specific requirements:

at least 2 different shades of blue cardstock
at least 2 different blue patterned papers
and at least 2 different blue embellishments!

I knew this one would be fairly easy as I have tons of blue everything (although not a lot of blue embellies) and I love blue... To challenge myself I decided I wanted to make it somewhat of a monochromatic page as well...

I went immediately to the Hawaii album and selected a few topics. In the end, the blue Jolee's helicopter embellie sealed the deal.

I've really decided "recipe" challenges like this one and those over at HMITM are my favs :)

So this is what I came up with:




So for two patterened papers I used a "stripe" and a "spot". The spot is DCWV The Glitter Stack. The stripe is out of a holiday stack I have.

For two cardstocks - I used 6. 3 for the large circles, 2 for the flowers to accentuate the title letters on the title, and one for the background (although its debatable if that is a solid or a pattern?)

Finally, my two blue embellies are the helicopter and this glittery button like thing with a map of Hawaii on it.... I might see if I can cut a mini volcano and glue it on the map where the volcano is...

All the embellies are Jolee's and I'm not sure about the sticker letters.


Also - fun fact - this is my first circle based layout I've done without using a sketch. Yay me!


Thanks for looking and please comment and follow!



1 comment:

  1. Hey,

    Cute layout! I love the volcano. You're right about the dot. It does look kind of weird. Are there really no clear dots on the market at all?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting!