Welcome to my blog!

The purpose of this blog is to explore my development of scrapbooking techniques. I will also provide reviews of products when I find something great or something terrible, and will show off all the work I enter in challenges and contests. Please check out my Welcome note if this is your first visit.

Feel free to ask questions about any of the materials or techniques shown here!

Please leave a comment and let me know what you think, or follow my blog so you can keep updated!

Happy Scrapping!




Monday, November 28, 2011

Scraptastic Club 3rd November Challenge

The 3rd challenge at Scraptastic Club this month was a recipe challenge... arguably one of my favourite kinds of challenges because they can be so difficult or so easy!

From the blog:

This month's recipe is... use any three of the following:
  • Use a fall photo
  • Dig out those embossing folders. Try using them on a chipboard piece!
  • Use two colors of cardstock
  • Use rub-ons. I think that sometimes can be one of those items we tend to forget to use.
  • Punch a border
  • Use teal, orange and brown
  • Mist somewhere on your page, be it the whole page or a mask or an item adhered to your page.

Right away I knew the teal was out! I have been using lots of teal for challenges lately and I am kind of fed up of it! Also I couldn't mist or emboss, as I don't have mists or embossing folders (sigh)

So that left me:
  • Use a fall photo
  • Dig out those embossing folders. Try using them on a chipboard piece!
  • Use two colors of cardstock
  • Use rub-ons. I think that sometimes can be one of those items we tend to forget to use.
  • Punch a border
  • Use teal, orange and brown
  • Mist somewhere on your page, be it the whole page or a mask or an item adhered to your page.
I decided to skip on the fall photo, and this is what I came up with:


Two colors of cardstock - cream for the background (inked with Wild Honey... loving that color) and brown textured for matting (this is the same cardstock used here, which will be the double to this page)


Rub-ons - two of them - the blue sentiment and the matching birdies, both from a set I just picked up

Punch a border - I kind of cheated here. I used the Creative Memories border punch to make the orange strip which is the "Frame Chain" punch. So its more of a chain but since it uses a border punch system... I think it counts. Paper is CosmoCricket Everafter. The matching hearts were also punched using Creative Memories punches and inked on the edges with more Wild Honey.


These are probably my favourite portraits done by the photographer at the wedding. She is on an outdoor staircase and hence got the angle from above. Love it!

Thanks for looking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting!