Welcome to my blog!

The purpose of this blog is to explore my development of scrapbooking techniques. I will also provide reviews of products when I find something great or something terrible, and will show off all the work I enter in challenges and contests. Please check out my Welcome note if this is your first visit.

Feel free to ask questions about any of the materials or techniques shown here!

Please leave a comment and let me know what you think, or follow my blog so you can keep updated!

Happy Scrapping!




Thursday, January 19, 2012

Double Challenge Double Layout - The Animals of Kualoa Ranch

So I officially lost it this weekend. I found two different challenges and combined them into one and made a crazy double page double challenge... and it was fun! I might be hooked!

I started off working on the Scraptastic Club 2nd January Challenge - to use the below sketch and at least 5 photos. I had a bunch of ideas for this, none of which I used when I switched gears when I found the animal photos...

Paper Secrets' QOTW was about animal photos, and whether you scrap them, so I had scrapping animals on the mind)

 

The Scraptastic Club challenges are a lot of fun as there is 4-5 per month and they are all different - sketches, recipes, themes, etc! It keeps you on your toes and away from the rut of sketch-layout sketch-layout...

Then as I was laying it out I had way too many photos, and some that couldn't be cut into 3x3s...
So I immediately thought of Love Joy Paper and the cute sketch for the challenge this month:

okanogangirlSketchJanuary2012

And that is how the following two pager became a double challenge double layout....


Here is the overall double... I used the same papers and colors on both pages. The alphas are Fancy Pants, and everything else is stash stuff. I had this big bold and somewhat ugly Hawaiian themed paper I cut cut up for 2 of the 3x3s and then used some remnants for the strips and squares seen everywhere else. For a bit of a hare-brained idea, it turned out really sharp looking. 


This is the Scraptastic page. Essentially all I did was flip the sketch and flip the bottom trim upside down. I also omitted the little element on the grid as it was busy enough with all those animals. 


This is the Love Joy Paper sketch. I changed the proportions on the photos and added the 4x6 of the cow on top. I moved the title and omitted the journalling.


Thanks for visiting!!


2 comments:

  1. Great job changing the sketch to make it work for your photos & a two page sketch in combination with another grib sketch. Great job! Love the pics - so fun
    Thanks for playing at www.lovejoypaper.com/challenges

    Amanda
    www.lovejoypaper.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tori,
    Great double pager. I love that you combined the 2 different sketches to make the whole thing work for you! Thanks for playing along with us over at Scraptastic Club.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting!