Welcome to my blog!

The purpose of this blog is to explore my development of scrapbooking techniques. I will also provide reviews of products when I find something great or something terrible, and will show off all the work I enter in challenges and contests. Please check out my Welcome note if this is your first visit.

Feel free to ask questions about any of the materials or techniques shown here!

Please leave a comment and let me know what you think, or follow my blog so you can keep updated!

Happy Scrapping!




Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Let's Scrap 1-4-12: Waikiki Sunset Cruise, and a guest appearance by Precious :)

Can I just say, I love two page sketches... and I love Let's Scrap.

This is the two pager of the week:


How fun! Except it has banners. I have to say, honestly, I think I hate banners. I never know what to do with them, and it does come out great in the end every time, but every time I see banners I stall, hence why I am posting this on 8:30 PM the night it is due!!

I really need to get over this anti-banner thing :)

So for this sketch... I essentially changed everything but you can still get the gist...



I used white cardstock and my very first bottle of glimmermist I just got in the mail yesterday to add the orange to the background. I wanted to use colors to go with the pastel Hawaii stickers I have because I avoid using those, and I thought with the soft colors of the photos it would all work fab.

The border papers are Recollections for the pink and Fancy Pants Little Sprout for the green and pink, which was punched with my Marvy Uchida border punch system.  

Here are the pages individually:



And here are some detail shots:

The letters are Creative Memories for the pink, and Thickers glitter for the teal. All the other stickers are Jolee's, all off one card except for the few flowers on the right page. I used all the stickers but one from the card on this page... a record for me... now I just have a palm tree left to use up! Way to stash bust!


Given that I hate banners, I had a brainwave first of replacing this banner with a photo, then I decided to change the photo into a banner, so I just cut it into three :)  The brads are Recollections and the bungee cord is Making Memories.

Hope you enjoyed this one, it is so different for me - no matting, new glimmermist, pastel colors (barf lol but it turned out pretty hot I think), banners.... way to make me feel uncomfortable Let's Scrap!!


Today I will leave you with some snapshots of Precious inspecting the quality of my work. I think she was satisfied, but its hard to tell!



1 comment:

  1. What a great idea to use the photos for your banner it gives it such a cool look. Your photos of Precious checking out your layout are just too funny.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting!