Welcome to my blog!

The purpose of this blog is to explore my development of scrapbooking techniques. I will also provide reviews of products when I find something great or something terrible, and will show off all the work I enter in challenges and contests. Please check out my Welcome note if this is your first visit.

Feel free to ask questions about any of the materials or techniques shown here!

Please leave a comment and let me know what you think, or follow my blog so you can keep updated!

Happy Scrapping!




Friday, January 20, 2012

Paper Secrets Manu Challenge - Jillibean Soup - First Day of School 1989

This month's manufacturer challenge from Paper Secrets was to use Jillibean Soup. I really love their products but haven't had much exposure. I ordered the Apple Cheddar 6x6 stack back in October as I was seeing bits of it everywhere and I really loved it.

I hadn't gotten a chance to use it yet, as I had no fall photos to scrap really...

And then this challenge came along.

I struggled with what I could use. It seems like all the childhood photos my mom took of us were in the summer or winter. Maybe spring. But I had nearly zero fall photos.

So I hauled out the old sticky page albums she'd made and hunted through them for fall photos. Still none. Clearly my mom had SAD or something and hated the fall... lol.... not really but I do have to ask her why?

Finally I settled on some back to school photos. I think this is my first day of school ever. I would have been going into Junior Kindergarden I believe. The boy in the photo is the neighbour across the street. We got on the bus together and I felt so darn important having this big Grade 7 boy as my friend and protector on the bus. While all the other little kids had to sit in the front, he let me sit with him in the back with all the big kids... I was just so darn important lol.


The trees and the apple circle are both from that 6x6 Apple Cheddar pack. I cut up a page of the trees to give me the two borders and the three little trees bottom left.

The apple bottom left is painted with some glimmer glaze to deepen the red a bit as it wasn't so matchy beforehand. The alphas are Thickers that annoy me because the n-onwards sheet is slightly different in color than the a-m part of the pack. Grr.

I also used two glimmermists, in orange and brown (can't remember the real color names right now), to splatter the background a bit beforehand and give it a bit more interest. I have to say, this is becoming an addiction. This weekend I misted, glazed and glammed all over the place. I'm getting a little depressed that I only have the 4 products I got in the Rustic Barn Paint System Set from Tattered Angels...  I need an angel to drop by with more colors!!! Not the glam though, not so into the glam, I prefer the subtle effect of the mists and glazes :)

Hope you enjoy!!

2 comments:

  1. Such a cute layout
    and
    Congrats on making the team!, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. really cute page...
    congrats.. and looking forward to working with you on Momenta.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting!