Welcome to my blog!

The purpose of this blog is to explore my development of scrapbooking techniques. I will also provide reviews of products when I find something great or something terrible, and will show off all the work I enter in challenges and contests. Please check out my Welcome note if this is your first visit.

Feel free to ask questions about any of the materials or techniques shown here!

Please leave a comment and let me know what you think, or follow my blog so you can keep updated!

Happy Scrapping!




Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Paper Secrets Scraplift Challenge - Michelle Hernandez

Paper Secrets this month has challenged us to scraplift from Michelle Hernandez. Her blog, My Analog Life, is full of awesome inspiration.

The layout I picked can be found at its original blog post here; I did not want to copy over for fear of violating copyrights, and out of professional courtesy (plus you need to check out her blog anyways!)

I was instantly drawn to this layout because its a great way to feature one landscape photo without making a boring page. I take so many photos of landscapes and cityscapes and never know what to do with them, and find making a page just about a photo is so unpersonal.

I love everything really about this page, and decided to re-create it as much as possible....


The bamboo background paper and the hibiscus paper is DCWV travel stack, and the green and blue trims are Websters. The little tag (close up below) is Making Memories, as is the glittery hibiscus, which I colored the centre of and the green ribbon and blue bungee cord holding the tag.


I also used Thickers and my Silhouette to cut the large letters, but I didn't stitch them I just drew a rough line inside each large letter with a pink gel pen. It shows up a little more IRL. Both ribbons are cheapies from Michael's, and the leaves I made by hand and added gel pen to make the ribs.

I am also entering this over at Two Scrapbook Friends as they have a "big title" challenge going on right now too :)

Hope you enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Victoria, this is a great lift!
    It's an honor to be picked as a designer for paper secrets!!! I think you did a fantastic job incorporating color into your page- the photo is great and the metal tag is a great detail. Please feel free to add my page as reference I don't mind since you included full credit and a link. Thank you for swinging by my blog. I was feeling a little down and you made my day. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting!