Welcome to my blog!

The purpose of this blog is to explore my development of scrapbooking techniques. I will also provide reviews of products when I find something great or something terrible, and will show off all the work I enter in challenges and contests. Please check out my Welcome note if this is your first visit.

Feel free to ask questions about any of the materials or techniques shown here!

Please leave a comment and let me know what you think, or follow my blog so you can keep updated!

Happy Scrapping!




Monday, January 16, 2012

Sketchy Thursdays 1.12 - World War II Bunkers

Well, sad announcement over at Sketchy Thursdays this week, accompanied by a great sketch. This week will be their last challenge, so everyone, get over there and participate to give them a proper goodbye.

Here are the layouts I have made for their challenges since I started this blog in October:
Psyclone
Down the Aisle
My Veil
Freeze the Moment
USS Arizona and Pearl Harbour

And here is this week's final sketch *sniff sniff*:


I know! Not more banners!! Lol! I actually had a fairly easy time with this one because I knew I needed two photos, one that I could make into a little circle...


These are the bunkers left up from World War II that were erected on Kualoa Ranch to protect Hawaii from the Japanese. Will walked out to explore them, which I regret not doing as I stood back to take more landscape photos (I did get some fabulous photos). This was one relic no one seemed interested in exploring at the ranch, which we were all too interested in.

I used two different "photo" papers from DCWV Photo Stack 2 - the small piece at the top left and the background to the 4x6 photo, which is like a dried up creek bed or something like that. I also used some black corrugate (I love this stuff, where do I find more!) and a couple star brads to keep the page feeling all American! Its really bad me not being an American as all I can think of for my America themed pages are stars, red, white and blue! I guess its OK since most Americans think of Canadians as Inuit :) 


I really didn't have stickers that I liked enough for the title on this page, so I wrote it myself. I used a book I have called Scrapbook Lettering and the "font" is called Pinstripe which I freehanded. I used pencil fo rmy lines and to sketch out the top line of text, then did the bottom line without a pencil guide. I really need to get a better pencil or a better eraser! The letters didn't stick out very well, so I added the red and the blue after they were complete. It really changed the look and brought the title from the background to the attention getter, which was what I wanted. 


I really can't print neatly without a line lol! Look at that terrible journalling card! I have a collection of these I will be using on the photos I took in Hawaii about the military and at Pearl Harbour. I love the American feel they have without being Crayola red and blue :)


Hope you enjoy, and thanks for the fun Sketchy Thursdays!!







1 comment:

  1. VERY cool photos and loving the title work! Thanks so much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting!