Welcome to my blog!

The purpose of this blog is to explore my development of scrapbooking techniques. I will also provide reviews of products when I find something great or something terrible, and will show off all the work I enter in challenges and contests. Please check out my Welcome note if this is your first visit.

Feel free to ask questions about any of the materials or techniques shown here!

Please leave a comment and let me know what you think, or follow my blog so you can keep updated!

Happy Scrapping!




Tuesday, March 6, 2012

SYAO4 and SYAO5

Well, I'm a little behind in my postings!

Most of you don't know this, but I bought a house in March 2010, and hubby proceeded to gut it and start renoing. We are doing this all by ourselves. As of today, I only have one completed room in the house - the upstairs bathroom. However, the past month has been a big push to finish the downstairs bathroom and the kitchen, so both should be done by the end of March or April possibly for the bathroom. So, although I have been crafting, I haven't been blogging, because I've been tiling/painting/mudding/sanding... making a general mess lol.

So here is the Paper Secrets SYAO4 challenge:



Lace/Trim
3+buttons
3+flowers
rubons
3+ photo corners
bling
staples
border or shape punch


TECHNIQUES
stitching
misting
distressing

And here is what I came up with:




I used trim (yellow make your own chenille stuff), flowers, bling, and a shape punch. My technique was distressing. Everything except the white cardstock is out of the scrap bin. Mostly DCWV as the manu.

This photo is us leaving Hawaii, and this will be the last page of my scrapbook.


Now, on to SYAO5:



Lace/Trim/Ribbon
3+buttons
3+flowers
rubons
3+ photo corners
bling
staples
border or shape punch

TECHNIQUES
stitching
misting
distressing

And here is what I came up with:




I used ribbon and trim, buttons, flowers, and a border punch. My technique was misting, which you can't see too well. I misted Perfect Pearls on the background page to give it some shine, and then I misted the slightly orange paper with Apricot Nectar chalkboard glimmermist and wiped it off quickly to slightly tint the paper. That paper is also textured with butterflies.

Supplies are stash mostly. The darker orange and grey strip are Cosmo Cricket, the plastic flowers from Making Memories vintage findings... other than that, all randoms!

Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting!