Welcome to my blog!

The purpose of this blog is to explore my development of scrapbooking techniques. I will also provide reviews of products when I find something great or something terrible, and will show off all the work I enter in challenges and contests. Please check out my Welcome note if this is your first visit.

Feel free to ask questions about any of the materials or techniques shown here!

Please leave a comment and let me know what you think, or follow my blog so you can keep updated!

Happy Scrapping!




Sunday, March 25, 2012

TUTORIAL: Customizing Momenta Cardstock and a Scrapbook Stamp Society Image

This week, I got this new release, Super Hero Zell & her Walker by Sherri Baldy from Scrapbook Stamp Society to play with.

I wanted to use my textured black Momenta cardstock but I wanted some way to bring out the texture more, and of course you can't just ink up the black cardstock straight.

I thought I would share with you how I did this.

What you need:
Cardstock cut to size (I used Momenta - any textured Momenta will work)
Sanding block of some sort
Ink

Here is my pre-cut cardstock card out of Momenta PA-2390 

A piece of 2x4 and some scrap sand paper is all I use!


Sand the paper. I used a wood block and a piece of sand paper, but you could a drywall sanding sponge or a commercially available paper sanding tool. I find with a linear pattern like this, you can highlight the pattern best by sanding along the lines.  Sand more heavily on the edges to really highlight the texture and the edges

Wipe/blow off as much of the sandings as you can from the paper. You don't want these to accumulate on your ink pad.

Rub down the surface and edges with the ink pad. I used Peeled Paint distress ink.

 



I also made my own multicolor twine, or at least thats what it looks like. I used two pieces of embroidery floss, and twisted them together between my fingers as I wrapped, using Scotch tape on the back to anchor it. Excuse the inky fingers... I am a pro at getting dirty :)

I colored the image with my Copic markers, and added the squiggles and the spider webs free hand with Stickles.



Here is a 12x12 page of raised stripes from the same Momenta pack I also sanded down.

3 comments:

  1. Nice job Tori. Thanks for the video.

    Smiles Sher

    ReplyDelete
  2. fab job with project .. and fun digi too

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just got some distress ink I will have to try
    Thanks for the tips

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting!