Welcome to my blog!

The purpose of this blog is to explore my development of scrapbooking techniques. I will also provide reviews of products when I find something great or something terrible, and will show off all the work I enter in challenges and contests. Please check out my Welcome note if this is your first visit.

Feel free to ask questions about any of the materials or techniques shown here!

Please leave a comment and let me know what you think, or follow my blog so you can keep updated!

Happy Scrapping!




Wednesday, April 4, 2012

SYAO8 & SYAO9

Yep... behind again as usual. I always get these in the gallery and Paper Secrets forum on time, but I don't always get them up here, and with things like hops going on... well, I'm sure you know.

BTW - can someone tell me how to make my hop posts stay on top??

SYAO8



doily
twine
stick pin(s)
3+ flowers
rub ons
washi tape
3+ patterned papers
bling

TECHNIQUES
punches (border/corner)
fussy cutting
distressing

Pretty eh? I was sad I had used up all my 5x7 photos so I decided to make it into two photos instead. Love this sketch... file that one for use later!

I had to look high and low for just two photos I wanted to use, and finally this is what I came up with.

I used stick pins, flowers, and washi tape.


The black striped cardstock is Momenta from PA-2390, while all the pattered papers are Momenta from the Season's and Occaisions stack PA-1992. The washi tape is Tim Holtz, and the flowers are: Precocious Paper for the rolled rose and the big flower and leaves, Recollections for the medium orange flower other than the black centre, and who knows with the rest. Maya Road stick pins and some Momenta bling from ST-3087 round out the party. The congrats chipboard is from Studio G. 



Here's a close-up of my clusters, I think its the best cluster I've ever made! I love the Precocious Paper flowers soooo much!


I ruffled my washi tape by hand and then stitched down the centre(ish) to make it sit flat and pretty :) 


SYAO9



doily
twine
stick pin(s)
3+ flowers
rub ons
washi tape
3+ patterned papers
bling

TECHNIQUES
punches (border/corner)
fussy cutting
distressing

Hated this sketch. Had no idea what to do with it. I always get thrown when there are weird shapes as the focal points lol! Luckily I had some shaped paper like that shape (does it have a name? I wouldn't even know how to make my Silhouette cut that thing). I really need to buy more shaped paper. It makes my brain work harder :)


This photo is of 3 of my 6 nephews and my hubby's 3 little brothers at our wedding. Its too bad the other 3 nephews weren't up there, because its such a cute photo and its not even posed! The photographer just saw them like that and snapped the photo. They are on the 3rd level of the reception room, looking down on the dance floor etc. It was such a cool venue!!

Paper is Bo Bunny Cambridge for the shape and the green patterened, MME Lost & Found for the background PP, and DCWV Photo Stack 2 for the strip. Also Authentique for the photo mat. Alphas are Creative Memories Rugged, and the fighting lion rub on and the fancy bling-y brad are Bo Bunny Cambridge too :)


This is my ugly twine and button flower I made. Feel free to scraplift or agree with me that its ugly. Ugh. Epic fail lol.

So to fulfill the challenge, I:

distressed

used:
twine
rub-ons
3 patterned papers
and bling? Maybe? I am not sure if that iCandy brad counts as bling or not :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting!