Welcome to my blog!

The purpose of this blog is to explore my development of scrapbooking techniques. I will also provide reviews of products when I find something great or something terrible, and will show off all the work I enter in challenges and contests. Please check out my Welcome note if this is your first visit.

Feel free to ask questions about any of the materials or techniques shown here!

Please leave a comment and let me know what you think, or follow my blog so you can keep updated!

Happy Scrapping!




Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Paper Secrets April Sketch and the 2SF Easter Menu Challenge

Two Scrapbook Friends issued an Easter Brunch challenge. We had to select our menu first, and then we found out what the corresponding items or techniques were that we had to use.

This is my menu and techniques:
Eggs Benedict: USE A TAG
Peach Cream Pie: CREATE A FLOWER
agus with Hollandaise Sauce: USE FABRIC (NOT RIBBON)
Crepes with fruit: USE ATLEAST TWO BUTTONS
Broccoli and Ham Quiche: USE ATLEAST 3 DIFFERENT Manufacturers
Fresh Fruit Salad: USE SOMETHING YELLOW

I decided to pair it with the April sketch from Paper Secrets:


So without further discussion...




I used a combo of the Authentique Gathering papers and my old stand by Cosmo Cricket Ever After. My third manufacturer was We R MK or Ranger or Twinery or misc... whoever you want it to be really :)

The tag and all the alpha/word stickers are from Authentique as well. The chipboard flower from Cosmo cricket, and the leaves from Precocious Paper. I made both flowers by hand out of fabric, the top one being an organza "lollipop" style flower, and the other a twisted tulle and chiffon (I think) flower.

There are two buttons, one on the flower and one beside the other flower. Finally that Cosmo Cricket flower is very light yellow, *phew*. That was a lot of stuff to get in on one layout, but I love it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting!