Welcome to my blog!

The purpose of this blog is to explore my development of scrapbooking techniques. I will also provide reviews of products when I find something great or something terrible, and will show off all the work I enter in challenges and contests. Please check out my Welcome note if this is your first visit.

Feel free to ask questions about any of the materials or techniques shown here!

Please leave a comment and let me know what you think, or follow my blog so you can keep updated!

Happy Scrapping!




Monday, May 7, 2012

Trying on Shabby Chic

Let's Scrap is really making me work this month, trying on different styles. This time I tried Shabby Chic. Although bling isn't necessarily part of the style, I decided to add some soft pink bling and double up on the challenge to add in the Frosted Designs Facebook challenge.

Here are the pointers for Shabby Chic, I had to cover at least 4 of these.


SHABBY CHIC STYLE

Clusters of embellishments

Muted (often pink, cream, or pastel) colors

Patterned (often floral) prints

Lace, ribbons, bows, flowers, pearls, doilies, butterflies

Vintage elements (buttons, keys, metal accents, crocheting)

Feminine feel

Fancy script or handwritten journaling

Tea-stained, distressed, inked, chalked or otherwise gently-aged elements

I used the Let's Scrap sketch 2-3-10 below,
2-3-10

And this is what I came up with:


I also entered this in the Big Picture Classes challenge which was to use a then and now theme.

So how did I do with the style?
- clustered embellishments
- muted colors like pink, beige and tan
- patterned prints, somewhat floral in nature
- flowers, tulle, bling and other girly accents
- feminine feel
- fancy script

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting!