Welcome to my blog!

The purpose of this blog is to explore my development of scrapbooking techniques. I will also provide reviews of products when I find something great or something terrible, and will show off all the work I enter in challenges and contests. Please check out my Welcome note if this is your first visit.

Feel free to ask questions about any of the materials or techniques shown here!

Please leave a comment and let me know what you think, or follow my blog so you can keep updated!

Happy Scrapping!




Monday, July 30, 2012

Mini what? Mini album!!!

So I've started a mini album. First, I designed the pages on my Silhouette and cut them out of cereal boxes. Note: the big family size boxes are a little tougher than the regular size ones. Use those instead. I'm talking like the jumbo diabetes in a bag box of Reese's cereal. Seriously. That was the ultimate box. Or just use some stiff card if you have some :)

The album is about my trip to Nova Scotia in May (I know, I'm kinda working on something recent, how wierd!). The 6 pages I originally made for it were not enough, so I added some basic rectangle pages in this weekend to get it all to fit.

The first page I completed is of our first day driving from Halifax to Caledonia. We stopped in Mahone Bay where the picturesque three churches are. I was more interested in the mallards and hence this page was born:


I really played with the photos for this album in Picasa so I could bring some diversity. You will see what I mean as more and more of this album gets exposed.

The digi I used is from Eureka Stamps called Mallard (36601). I colored it with Copics and then did some sort of fussy cutting.

The entire album is done with papers from Momenta. I used both the Great Outdoors stack PA-0925 (for the Nature accent and the mat paper on this page) and then I used the new travel stack for covering each page. I absolutely love how well this all works together.

The second page I completed for the mini this weekend was for a challenge at the Two Scrapbook Friends forum. Jayne challenged us to use a Polaroid. I had used Picasa to make this cute little Polaroid, then I printed it out too big. My album is only 3" tall :(  So I re-made the Polaroid by hand:




These photos were taken in Peggy's Cove. The born to fish tag is from the Momenta pack mentioned above, and both other tags on this page and the top one are from Making Memories. Finally, the lobster sticker and starfish are from K&Co. I looked everywhere for lobster stickers... everyone has the crabs... who cares? lol. Finally we found them from K&Co and I have to say, they coordinate pretty well.

Thanks for visiting and get out there and make your own mini!

2 comments:

  1. It looks fantastic; so cute. Hope you didn't eat all the cereal in one sitting-lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work Tori. I love your style here and the polaroids are a fav. You rocked the Momenta!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting!